Rockeagle House, Pynes Hill Exeter, EX2 5AZ, Devon
Appen, the global leader in language and search technology is looking for Audio Transcribers who are enthusiastic, reliable, and talented to join our friendly team in Exeter.
- Experience in transcription would be highly advantageous, but is not essential as full training is provided
- Good understanding of the terminology used in these industries is highly desirable
- Ability to type at least 60 words per minute or above
- Exceptionally high command of the English language and the ability to understand a variety of accents and dialects
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word
- Flexible, with a positive attitude and willing to embrace change
- Have an eye for detail and accuracy and able to research and verify information contained within the audio
- Able to work to speed and meet accuracy expectations
- Have good general knowledge
- Able to pass requied security clearance
- To transcribe multi-speaker digitally-recorded interviews, meetings and other types of recordings
- To complete legal, business and financial transcriptions for wide variety of customers
What we offer:
- Job Type : Full-time
- Employment : Permanent contract
- Work Location: Exeter, Devon
- Competitive salary and the opportunity to join a highly successful global business
- Full training and attractive bonus scheme
- 28 days of holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) within first year, increasing to 30 days in year two
Application process: Upon completed registration, candidates need to take the qualification test to be given by the recruitment team.
We take pride in our diverse team and our flexible work opportunities, and as a publicly traded company our efforts has earned us 1st place in the FlexJobs Top 100 Companies index. Deloitte also recognized Appen as the winner of the 2017 Asia Pacific Technology Fast 500 and the Technology Fast 50 Australia awards.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.